• Remotely Power Equipment thru CAT5/6 Cable up to 100m
• Built in Ethernet and AC Surge Protection
• Autoranging Switching Power Supply
• Short Circuit, Over Current and Over Voltage Protection
• Medium Power up to 24W
• Passive PoE
• High Temperature Industrial Operation
• Compact size – Floor / Desktop / Wall Mount
• I.T.E. Power Supply, UL Listed
• Wireless Access Points and Client Devices
• IP Phone and Security Camera Systems
The TP-POE-24 Power over Ethernet Power Source offered by Tycon Power is a quality midspan power source for years of reliable operation even in the toughest conditions. They accept data-in to a shielded RJ45 Jack and provide surge protected data-out and power on the shielded RJ45 output jack. They work by supplying power to the remote device on the unused Ethernet pins 4,5(V+) and 7,8(V-). For the “R” model the voltage is reversed. 4,5(V-) and 7,8(V+). The Ethernet spec supports distances up to 100m (328 feet).
There are models available that support 802.3af and 802.3at as well as models that support Gigabit Ethernet. The units are autoranging so that they accept AC inputs from 90VAC to 264VAC (50/60 Hz) and they supply regulated DC Voltage at the output. They have various protections for surge, short circuit, overload and overvoltage. The medium power models (TP-POE) have power output up to 24W and the high power models (TP-POE-HP) up to 50W. They are available in 18V, 24V and 48-56V DC Output with load regulation within 5%. The CI model has a special current sense LED which changes color when a PoE device is plugged onto the CAT5/6 cable. If the remote device does not support power over Ethernet, a (POE-SPLT-S) is available to split the data and DC voltage at the remote device.
If the remote device requires reverse voltage the POE-XOVER cable can be used.