• Remotely Power Equipment thru CAT5/6 Cable up to 100m
• Built in Ethernet and AC Surge Protection
• Autoranging Switching Power Supply
• Short Circuit, Over Current and Over Voltage Protection
• Medium Power up to 24W
• Passive PoE
• High Temperature Industrial Operation
• Compact size – Floor / Desktop / Wall Mount
• I.T.E. Power Supply, UL Listed
• Wireless Access Points and Client Devices
• IP Phone and Security Camera Systems
The TP-POE-48 Power over Ethernet Power Source offered by Tycon Power is a quality midspan power source for years of reliable operation even in the toughest conditions. They accept data-in to a shielded RJ45 Jack and provide surge protected data-out and power on the shielded RJ45 output jack. They work by supplying power to the remote device on the unused Ethernet pins 4,5(V+) and 7,8(V-). For the “R” model the voltage is reversed. 4,5(V-) and 7,8(V+). The Ethernet spec supports distances up to 100m (328 feet).
The units are autoranging so that they accept AC inputs from 90VAC to 264VAC (50/60 Hz) and they supply regulated DC Voltage at the output. They have various protections for surge, short circuit, overload and overvoltage. The medium power models (TP-POE) have power output up to 24W and the high power models (TP-POE-HP) up to 50W. They are available in 18V, 24V and 48-56V DC Output with load regulation within 5%. The CI model has a special current sense LED which changes color when a PoE device is plugged onto the CAT5/6 cable. If the remote device does not support power over Ethernet a (POE-SPLT-S) splitter is available to split the data and DC voltage at the remote device.
If the remote device requires reverse voltage the POE-XOVER cable can be used.