• Triple Power Inputs: 802.3bt PoE, Wire Terminal, 4 Pin DIN
• Gigabit Compatible
• Built-in Surge Protection
• Automatic MDI/MDI-X Crossover
• Automatic Speed and Duplex Sensing
• Low Self Power and High Temperature Operation
• DIN Rail Adapters included
• Power 4 802.3at devices from an 802.3bt PoE Input
• Remote or Local Power for Cameras and Wireless Radios
• Functions as Ethernet/PoE repeater
• PoE Lighting Applications
The TP-SW5G-D+ (formerly part number TP-SW5GD-BT) Power over Ethernet (PoE) 5 Port Gigabit switch offered by Tycon is a fully automatic high speed Layer 2 Ethernet switch with one 802.3bt PoE input and four 802.3at PoE outputs. Ports 1-4 are 802.3at 35W PoE Out. The Uplink Port 5, is 802.3bt compatible so the switch can accept up to 100W PoE on 4 pairs to power the switch and connected devices remotely over CAT5 or higher Ethernet Cable. The Ethernet spec supports distances up to 100m (328ft). By using as a repeater, 200m total distance is realistic.
The switch can accept power via three different interfaces: Wire Terminal Connector, 4 pin Mini DIN connector or via 802.3at/bt PoE input to Uplink Port 5. Two different power inputs can be used for redundancy. The higher voltage takes priority.
The RJ45 connectors are shielded and grounded to the common “FG” (Frame Ground) connection. The units have 15kV surge protection on all Ethernet wires and are conformal coated for moisture protection. They have a wide operating temperature range for outdoor and industrial applications.